The sequencer the world has been waiting for. KeyStep Pro gives keyboard players incredible sequencing and performance power in a compact, versatile controller.
Firmware Update 1.2.6
It’s our job to make sure that the products we bring you perform at their best capacity, so you can enjoy the smoothest workflow.
That’s why we carefully designed a few exciting improvements for your controller. Discover what to expect from your freshly updated KeyStep Pro!
Reworked MIDI In implementation
Notes sent to the track’s input MIDI channels are now processed as if these were played on the KeyStep Pro keyboard and transmitted to the MIDI and CV Outputs.
More recording flexibility with the count in
When recording in real time, notes played prior to the recording are maintained after the start and are now recorded as well.
Record several patterns on the fly
Patterns can now be changed while record is ON. This lets you build several patterns at one time leaving more room for your creative flow when jamming.
Drum track time division per pattern
The drum track time division is now stored in each drum pattern and recalled when changing from one pattern to another.
Sync Auto mode improvement
KeyStep Pro is now able to jump back to its internal clock after having been synced to an external source.
Sync handling improvements
Synchronization accuracy has been improved and now supports all clock rate formats.
New screen feedback messages
For some actions, new screen messages have been added to make the workflow more intuitive.
The update also comes with various bug fixes and workflow improvements. For more details, check out the release notes.
An all-in-one sequencing solution
Take full control of your modular rigs, outboard synths, and software studio all at the same time.
· 4 independent polyphonic sequencer tracks
· 24-part integrated drum sequencer
· intuitive controls that make even complex performances a breeze
· unparalleled connectivity
If you prefer keys to pads, you’re in for a treat. KeyStep Pro features a great-feeling 3 octave keyboard with velocity sensitivity and aftertouch. Letting you fully articulate your musical ideas, this expressive little sequencer truly puts the power at your fingertips.
KeyStep Pro works the way you want it to, and removes the barriers between you and the music you want to create.
Powerful performance controls
Our sequencers can be seen all over the world, and are loved by top artists, studios, and amateur producers alike. KeyStep Pro makes gigging easy and fun, with instant and intuitive access to inspiring performance features. Multi-mode arpeggiator, randomness, easy chord mode, and real-time recording for creating on the fly. The crisp OLED displays and LED-illuminated controls will help you see it all in the dark, too!
Unite your gear
Your ever-growing collection of boutique modular gear, vintage synths, and software instruments can finally perform in unison, thanks to the jaw-dropping connectivity KeyStep Pro has to offer. 4 CV, Gate and Mod outputs, 8 dedicated drum Gate outputs, Clocks, MIDI in, 2 MIDI outs, a solo metronome output, sustain input to let you get expressive with your performance, and USB for easy power and DAW/softsynth control.
Control hardware, software,
and your DAW at the same time
If you prefer to create music “in the box”, KeyStep Pro can also help your creativity come alive. Easily sequence and arpeggiate your virtual instruments, sync it with your software studio, and switch to the dedicated Control mode to control parameters in your favorite synths and effects. The possibilities are limitless.
- KeyStep Pro unit
- Registration card
- Quick Start
- USB cable
- Power supply
Size & weight
- Instrument size : 23.2 x 8.2 x 1.5 inches (589 x 208 x 38mm)
- Instrument weight : 5.9 lbs. (2.7 Kg)
- 37 note slim keys, velocity and aftertouch sensitive
- LED above each key for efficient visual feedback
- Four track step sequencer
- 16 step buttons, up to 64 steps per sequence
- Up to 16 notes of polyphony per step
- Melodic sequencer
- Real-Time recording, step recording, step editing
- Pitch, velocity, gate length, time shift and probability for each note
- Scale quantization with user scales
- Polyphonic CV outputs
- Drum sequencer
- 24 part drum sequencer
- Performance-oriented sequencer
- Forward and two random playing modes
- Pattern randomization
- Quantized or unquantized recording
- 7 arpeggiator modes, 5 octave range
- Chord mode
- Controller mode
- Use the 5 encoders to send CCs
- Automate the CCs
- Crisp OLED display
- 4x (CV, Gate, Mod) outputs + 8 drum gate outputs
- 1 MIDI in, 2 MIDI out, USB, Clock synchronization
- Metronome with included speaker and line output
- Sustain pedal input