The most universal & future-proof high-end pre-amplifier, DAC, headphone amp!
Pre Box RS Digital combines all features of DAC Box RS plus a very linear pre-amplifier with both solid-state and tube output stages, that can be selected alternatively.
As in all our top-class digital products, we use PCM1792 DAC chips from Texas Instruments, but here we use 2 pieces in a dual differential mode to achieve ultimate fidelity.
As a selectable feature a second DAC chip from Texas Instruments is on board, that can handle 32bit/384kHz.
A high-class headphone output with selectable impedance for a perfect match to your headphones is also provided.
Pre Box Digital RS offers 3-dimensional sound-staging, perfect micro dynamics and ultimate resolution combined with flexibility to use a wide range of digital and 1 analogue sound sources.
Perfectly combined with Pro-Ject CD Box RS disc drive, Pre Box RS Digital will give outstanding sound experience, because of a I²S connection provided via RJ45, that is able to give jitter-free disc playback.
Other unique advantages of this true high-end DAC/preamplifier:
1. Fully balanced double mono design with DAC chip selection
2. Class-A circuitry with no negative feedback
3. Tube or solid state output stage can be selected alternatively
4. Separate power supply as an upgrade option for further improved sound quality.
5. Headphone output for outstanding experience. Pre Box RS Digital is available in silver or black finish.
• Switchable DAC chips: 2x PCM1792 or PCM5102
• 9 digital inputs: i²S, AES/EBU, Toslink, S/PDIF coax
• Analogue: Pre-out XLR/RCA/headphone, RCA input
• Headphone amp with adaptable output impedance
• Fully balanced double mono design
• Output stage switchable between 6922 tube & solid state
• Ultra-linear and ultra low noise
• Pure Class A circuitry
• Blue Alps volume control
• Standby-power consumption < 1W
• IR remote control included
• Available in black and silver
DAC DAC1 – 2 x PCM1792 24/192 DAC2 – PCM5102 32/384
Tubes 6922 EH
Digital inputs 1 x USB 2.0 Audio 32/384 + DoP-DSD 64/128 1 x RJ45 Sonic I2S for CD Box RS in Sonic Mode 2 x S/PDIF 24/192, 4 x S/PDIF Optical 24/96 1x AES/EBU balanced 24/192
Line-level input 1 RCA/phono sockets Input impedance 33kohms
Analog outputs Pre-out (XLR & RCA), Headphone (6,35mm jack)
Headphone impedance 5 / 20 / 50 ohms switchable
Analog input sensitivity 1,6V RMS for full headphone output
Frequency response 20Hz - 50kHz (+ 0/- 0,1 dB)
Signal to noise ratio -100dB (IEC-A)
THD 0,005% solid state output/ 0,25% tube output
Master clock output 16,9344MHz for CD Box RS in Sonic Mode
Outboard power supply 20V/3A DC suitable for your country's mains supply
Power consumption 300mA solid / 850mA tube / 90mA standby
Dimensions W x H x D 206 x 72 x 200mm (210 with sockets)
Weight 1950g without power supply