Focal Shape 50 is the versatile monitoring loudspeaker par excellence. This monitor can be used from 30″away (80cm), and it has very extended low end frequency response (50Hz) considering its compact design. Thanks to this design and to the numerous settings, this monitor is ideal for rooms measuring less than 12mq.
The three monitors are all made in France and integrate five innovations to maximise acoustic transparency. Designed to meet the needs of nearfield monitoring, Shape monitors combine an ingenuous design and numerous settings optimised for the acoustics of small listening rooms.
These innovations provide remarkable acoustic transparency. These new work tools distinguish themselves through the wide and extremely precise stereo image. The bass register is articulated and controlled. The lower mid-range and mid-range benefit from extreme neutrality, and without any masking effects, making equalisation of these essential registers much easier. Finally, the new tweeter is what’s at the source of the very high definition. It efficiently reveals any hissing, and it’s also very precise in the very high end.
Focal SHAPE 50 Key features:
- Tweeter with very low directivity for a flexible listening position
- Designed without a port, but with a double passive radiator, allowing it to be placed near a wall.
- Numerous settings for optimal integration
- Accurate control, even in the very high end
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range registers.
- Mounting mechanisms present on the back and underneath the loudspeaker: for installing on a table stand, a microphone stand, the ceiling or a wall (Mounting accessories not supplied).
Active Nearfield Monitor
Designed without a rear bass port - allows placing directly in front of a wall
Power: 85 W Class AB
Woofer: 5" Flax Cone
Tweeter: 1" Aluminium-magnesium
5" Double-passive membrane
Frequency range (+/- 3 dB): 50 - 35,000 Hz
Max SPL peak @ 1 m (musical signal): 106 dB
Input impedance: 10 kOhm
Settings: High pass filter, bass, middle, high
Automatic standby function
Connections: XLR and RCA
Thread for ceiling and wall brackets (mounting accessories not included)
Dimensions (W x D x H): 191 x 242 x 312 mm
Weight: 6.5 kg
Housing: 12 mm MDF - Vinyl, walnut, black
Speaker size 1x 5", 1x 1"
Amplifier power per unit (RMS) 85 W
Magnetic Shielding No
Analogue XLR Input Yes
Analogue Input (Jack) No
Analogue Input (Mini Jack) No
Analogue Input (RCA) Yes
Digital input No
Manual frequency correction Yes